In this recipe we will show you how to make Malpua.
1. Flour: 1/3rd cup
2. Semolina/sooji: 1/4th cup
3. Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
4. Cardamom/elaichi powder
5. Saffron/Turmeric for colour
6. Coconut milk
7. Coconut oil
1. Put 1/3rd cup flour, 1/4th cup semolina/sooji, cardamom powder and 1 tsp fennel seeds in a bowl.
2. Mix all these ingredients with coconut milk.
3. Add the coconut milk bit by bit to avoid forming lumps.
4. Keep mixing this mixture till it becomes smooth and then keep it covered for some time.
5. Now heat a cup of water in a pan to make the sugar syrup.
6. Now add 2 cups of sugar in the water, some cardamom powder and turmeric/saffron for the colour.
7. Let the sugar dissolve properly.
8. When the sugar syrup starts sticking between the fingers, then consider your syrup ready.
9. Heat 2 cups of coconut oil on a medium flame to fry the malpuas.
10. Put the mixture in the pan and fry the malpua from the sides.
11. Take out the malpuas in a clean plate. Leave the fried malpuas to soak in the sugar syrup for 2-4 hours.
Your malpuas are now ready to be served!