The famous Kadai Paneer when replaced by the healthy Tofu adds immense value ad taste to it. It is surely a dish not to be missed.
- Tofu- 250g
- Onion- 2 (1+1) 1 should be chopped longitudinally
- Tomato- 2
- Ginger- 1 piece
- Garlic- 5-6 cloves
- Capsicum- 1 big (cut longitudinally)
- Coriander powder- 1/2tbs
- Cashews (optional)- 8-10
- Cumin- 1/4th tsb
- Black pepper (whole)- 1/4th tsp
- Whole red chillies- 2
- Green chilly- 2
- Turmeric (optional)- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/4th tsp
- Garam Masala- 1/4th tbs
- Salt- 1/4th tbs
- Oil- 4 tbs
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once heated add cumin, red chillies, black pepper, coriander and onion to the oil. Wait till the onion turns to a reddish brown tinge.
- Grind together the tomatoes, garlic and ginger to make a paste.
- Add to the temper, the tomato puree prepared in step 2. You can also put ground cashews into the temper.
- Next, add the garam masala, turmeric, salt and red chilly powder.
- In the paste add capsicum, long cut onion and wait till they are putrefy.
- Once the temper looks prepared, add tofu!
Kadhai Tofu is ready to eat!